Drupal tags from vocabulary
  • How do I configure MarsEdit so that I can add tags to a Drupal post?

Using the System API 'Moveable Type API', Drupal's vocabulary terms show up in the categories column of the main window. However, in the single post view I can't add new terms and selecting existing terms from the list doesn't add them to a new post. Also: I can't edit the post link.

If I change the System API to 'MetaWeblog API', the vocabulary terms no longer show up in the categories column of the main window; they do still show up as categories in single post view. However, I can't add new terms and selecting existing terms from the list doesn't add them to a new post. Using the MetaWeblog System API I am able to edit the post link.

All I want to do is add tags to new Drupal posts. Can anyone suggest anything?
  • Hi Wayne - unfortunately the specifics of how Drupal interacts with MarsEdit often comes down to details about the version of Drupal installed and how it is configured. I have not been able to keep up with all the various interactions, blogging plugins, etc., so we may need to hope for another Drupal user to chime in with some advice.

Historically the way MarsEdit has expected tags to work in Drupal is for the blogging API plugin that Drupal uses to respect the "mt_tags" value on posts. It sounds like your installation is treating the vocabulary terms as "Categories" and not tags. Do you think there is any configuration on your Drupal blogging API that may alter the way the vocabulary terms are presented to MarsEdit?

If you are using Drupal 6.0 I think you should stick to "Movable Type" and not MetaWeblog.

Unfortunately I don't believe any version of Drupal or the blogging API plugin supports the "wp.newCategory" method that WordPress added to the API to support creation of new categories from a remote editor like MarsEdit.

Daniel
  • Thanks Daniel.

In case anyone else has this issue, I ended up using the module MO Auto-Add Terms, which automatically assign terms to a node. It works great, automatically adding tags from all four of the Drupal vocabularies I've set up to new stories published via MarsEdit. The caveat is that the module only looks for matches with existing taxonomy terms. To add new terms, you still have to login to Drupal.

http://drupal.org/project/mo_auto_add_terms
  • Thanks for sharing this workaround with us, Wayne!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!