Feature request: Background uploading
  • Hello. Putting this out there in case others feel the same (I couldn't find this request with a forum search — is there a section for feature requests, pending or otherwise?)

I'd love it if I was able to upload Post A in the background, and open/edit Post B while post A was uploading. I occasionally upload a post with many images and it takes quite a while to upload everything. During this time I'd like to bust open a new post and begin a draft.

• Hi there - thanks for the feedback. No, there's no special section for feature requests, but everything that rings useful to me I file away in my own private planning/bugs database.

I think there is a lot of room for improvement with MarsEdit's management of network activities in progress. However, you should be able to do what you're describing now. While you're waiting for a post to upload, you should be able to click e.g. File -> New Post and start writing a new draft. The only thing that gets 'locked up' while uploading a post is the post editor window for the post in question.
  • Hmmm, ok, I'll give it a try. Maybe I've never actually tried a new post, and just presumed it wouldn't work due to the lock up of the current post. Thanks for the tip!

(I'd like to add my voice to the multiple image insert/upload requests too :)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!