Mostly just another batch of bug fixes here, but I snuck in one small feature-tweak that should please writers in character-based languages and authors who aim for character-based writing goals rather than word-based.
If you weren’t aware of MarsEdit’s live-updated word count feature, it’s located in the “Status Bar”, which you can activate by selecting View -> Show Status Bar. Here is an example of how it looks when editing a post in MarsEdit 3.5.2:
Here’s the complete list of changes for this release:
- Status bar in post editor now includes character count along with word count
- Restore ability to paste HTML with “embed” tags in the Rich Editor
- Restore expected list manipulation behavior with tab and return keys
- Fix a crash that occurred when editing a Tumblr quotation post with no attribution
- Work around issue with WordPress pages showing up as empty posts if not permitted to edit
- Fix autoconfiguration of IBM Lotus Connections blogs
- Fix the scrolling behavior of custom fields text input
Onward to MarsEdit 3.6!