It’s hard to believe it’s been more than 3 months since the last update to MarsEdit, our popular desktop blog publishing application.
I’ve been hard at work on innumerable new features, and even, dare I speculate, some new apps. Some of these lofty plans have turned out to take a bit more thought and effort than I had originally planned, but good things are on the horizon.
In the mean time, I have collected the most critical bug fixes made over the past few months, into a new update which I’m releasing today.
Download MarsEdit 2.2.3 to be sure you are running with “the best I have to offer” as of now.
This update will be a particular relief to users who have noticed an occasional glitch in the preview window, causing it to “freeze up” and stop responding to changes as you type or paste in your blog posts.
Summary of changes:
- Improve networking compatibility by always encoding XML “>” literals
- Fix a bug in the preview window that could cause it to stop updating
- Fix a possible crash when closing the enclosure sheet before URL finishes loading
- Fix a bug that caused media manager upload choice to be out of sync with post
- Fix a bug that prevented some 10.4 users from toggling table column visibility
- Improved accessibility of the check for updates dialog
Enjoy, and look forward to more earth-shattering, or at least earth-cracking updates in the near future!