- Fix a visual glitch with the focus ring displayed when editing a keyboard shortcut
- Fix a bug that could prevent the menu icon color from adapting to Light/Dark Mode changes
- Omit the file extensions for .applescript, .py, .rb, etc files in the script menu
- Adapt script error panel to macOS Mojave's Dark Mode
- Add usage explanation strings for requests via scripts to access Reminders, Photos, and Calendar information. This fixes a problem where scripts that attempted to automate these apps wouldn't prompt for user permission to do so.
- FastScripts 2.7.5 was a Mac App Store-only update to fix a problem with Apple Event permissions.
- Fix the ordering of items in the script menu to be sorted by standard localized order
- Fix a bug that could cause a renamed script to appear twice in the menu if only the case of the name was changed
- Fix a bug that caused Quick Action Workflows to be offered for installation when attempting to edit them
- Fix a bug that caused the focus on the shortcuts table to be lost after setting a shortcut value
- Add a new FastScripts Help menu item to easily open help on the web
- Remove FastScripts's custom "path to" handler as it appears the system handler behaves as we expect now
- Add an Apple Events usage explanation string to accompany the system prompt for approving Apple Events
- Fix a bug in 2.7.1 that prevented "path to" special folders from working as expected
- Fix a bug in 2.7 that prevented "path to me" working as expected in scripts
- Preliminary improvements for macOS Mojave 10.14
- Fix an issue preventing running scripts that control other apps
- Initial Dark Mode support for Mojave
- Fix the "Automatically Check for Updates" option
- Improved error reporting on script failures
- Removed old, unused PowerPC code from app
- Now requires macOS 10.12 or higher
- Fix a bug introduced in 2.6.12 that could cause edited scripts to not be reloaded automatically when running them
- Fix a bug that could cause aliases in script trees to not resolve properly
- Fix a bug in folder modification tests that could cause unexpected script folder resyncing
- Add NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching to Info.plist to avoid depending on high power GPU
- Workaround a bug that could cause FastSripts to crash when waking a Touch Bar Mac from sleep
- Update to use more secure HTTPS based URLs when connecting to Red Sweater's web site
- Fix to avoid copying contents of a script to the standard input when running a shell script
- Fix a bug that prevented the keyboard shortcuts script list in preferences from remembering its expanded state across launches
- Fix a bug from 2.6.7 that caused the menu bar icon to draw too lightly in OS X Yosemite
- Restore proper functionality of aliases to folders within the script hierarchy
- Fix a typo in the first-launch welcome message
- Fix display of menu bar icon on 10.9 and earlier, where the previous update caused it to be displayed light gray by default.
- Fix display of menu bar icon in "dark mode" on Yosemite 10.10
- Ensure that user environment variables are set-up when running shell scripts
- Fix appearance of keyboard shortcuts when running with non-Roman keyboard layouts
- Updated graphics for MacBook Pro Retina support
- Fix a Smart-Switching bug that prevented a script from activating another app after displaying a dialog
- Fix a crashing bug that could occur if an alias file resolves to itself
- Fix a performance bug introduced in 2.6 that caused some scripts to run very slowly
- Fix a crash that could occur when trying to display Automator-generated errors
- Fix a false error that would occur when Automator workflows end with no result
- Further refinement to the activation of the expected app when running scripts
- Prevent conflicts with synthesized "key code" command and script keyboard shortcut
- Prevent conflicts with synthesized keystroke commands and keyboard shortcuts
- Fix for situations where FastScripts became the front app after running a script
- Fix the built in on-screen display windows to grow in height to fit displayed message
- Restore support for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5
- 64-bit compatibility
- Add support for FKeys F17-F19, available on many modern Mac keyboards.
- Fix a bug where deleted folders remain visible in menu
- Fix an issue with case-change-only name changes causing duplicate menu items
- Now supports running plain-text .applescript files
- The FastScripts menu icon can now be changed to a custom color
- Alter appearance of menu so it doesn't have rounded top corners on 10.6
- Bug Fixes
- Fix glitches with "Smart Switching" on Snow Leopard 10.6
- Fix processing of shell script arguments embedded in the "shebang" line
- Fix a possible crash when changing mouse cursor while selecting from menu
- Fix proper display of filenames e.g. when they contain slashes
- New evaluation terms: free forever unless you want more than 10 keyboard shortcuts
- Now includes software update mechanism to stay up to date
- Leopard fixes:
- Restore ability to run Automator workflows
- Fix menu placement of Apple scripts vs. User scripts
- Restore functionality of return/tab/esc/delete as shortcut keys.
FastScripts 2.3.3 is a quick update to fix one issue from 2.3.2:
- Improved compatibility with the upcoming Leopard 10.5 release.
- Restore support for aliases to application bundles
- Support for aliases to folders in script hierarchy!
- Improve performance of syncing changes to script folders
- Fix display of keyboard shortcuts on non-US keyboard layout
- Avoid adding menu item separators for empty script folders
- Allow return, tab, escape as keyboard shortcuts - the only key not supported is "delete"
- Fix a weird "only works every other time" bug with scripts that use UI Scripting for keystrokes
- Allow dragging of FastScripts note windows by holding command while clicking
- A refined grayscale menu bar icon
- Support for unmodified keys as script shortcuts (10.3 and later only)
- New preference for toggling "Launch at Login" feature
- Reorganized Preferences dialogs
- Improved AppleScript access to FastScripts script hierarchies
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Disable script error localization added in 2.2.8 - there were unexpected negative side-effects.
- Fix a bug that prevented TextMate (and possibly others) from being chosen as default shell script editor.
- Redesigned application icon.
- Fixed support for "close" AppleScript command on FastScripts
- Plug some small memory leaks in Shortcut editor
- Fix bug that caused changed "FS Menu Keyboard Shortcut" from taking effect
- Clicking outside of preferences or closing preferences now ends shortcut editing
- Make sure menu bar highlights for non-AppleScript items invoked by shortcut
- Caps Lock no longer limits the functionality of the cmd/opt/shift menu selection shortcuts
- Menu no longer displays items that are invisible in the Finder (e.g. Icon and . files)
- Improved robustness when a configured script editor becomes unlocatable
- Custom menu sorting, by way of BBEdit-style script naming convention
- Fixed "path to me" handler to correctly support script bundles
- Unmodified Function-Keys can now be specified as keyboard shortcuts
- Fixes a bug that caused app-specific shortcuts to fail on first launch
- Fixes the "Edit Script" shortcut to work correctly with script
- Fixes AppleScript support for "screen position" of built-in
- Incorporates latest Kagi Registration Module
- Recent Scripts support. Now the last several scripts you've used are
available in a Recent Scripts submenu.
- Applications and documents now appear in the FastScripts menu.
- Bug fix to work with 2-Byte characters in folder names.
- Support for Automator workflow documents. Use FastScripts to run your
Automator workflows without launching Automator - keyboard shortcuts for
your favorite workflows!
- Improved reliability. FastScripts now recognizes "runaway scripts,"
and provides a mechanism for canceling execution.
- Improved startup and response times for large script directories. The
FastScripts caching mechanism has changed to pre-load each script only
after its first execution, reducing memory use and startup time.
- Support for "On Screen Display" messages. Now you can ask FastScripts
to display elegant overlay messages from your scripts! Take a look at
the FastScripts scripting dictionary for more information.
- A new "edit shortcut" keyboard modifier. Hold the command (apple) key
while selecting a script in the FastScripts menu, and you will be instantly
taken to the FastScripts preferences dialog to edit that script's shortcut.
- Improve menu-building to more reliably reflect the current frontmost
- Fixed a bug that prevented keyboard access shortcut changes from sticking
- Escape with no modifiers now reverts to original hotkey
- Save outline view expanded state between launches
- Save and restore selected prefs pane between launches
- Make "Create App-Specific Scripts Folder" items work when
"Applications" or "Scripts" parent folder doesn't
- Fix a rare crasher when trying to create scripts folders.
A major update adding the following features and fixes:
- Application specific keyboard shortcuts
- Improved script error dialogs
- Redesigned preferences dialog
- Easy menu items for creating or opening application specific script
- Support for revealing files in PathFinder
- Support for AppleScript bundle format
- Override the "Path to me" command to return a reference to
- Fix a bug which prevented application-specific scripts from working
with apps whose names contain certain diacritical marks. This fix is important
for users working in languages with compound accented characters. Examples:
"Éditeur de Scripts", "Aide-Mémoire",
- Displays user-defined keyboard shortcuts in the FastScripts menu.
- Prevents long delays when attempting to resolve aliases to disconnected
- Prevents hotkeys from being recursively invoked during script execution.
- Rapid turnaround to fix a crashing bug from 2.0.3
- Now detects script errors and displays an alert if one occurs.
- Major performance improvements to sync operation should help menu speed
on slower machines.
- Shortcut keypresses now show feedback by hilting FS icon in menu bar.
- Fixed a script loading bug that could affect users with large numbers
of shell scripts.
- Fix a bug that could cause multiple copies of a single script to
show up in the FastScripts menu.
- Fix a bug with app-specific script syncing.
- Major revamp with keyboard shortcut support, a preferences dialog,
- Address an issue with aliases to folders in the script hierarchy.
- Update to address a variety of issues caused by script directories
containing a large number of files.
- Don't switch context back to the original application if the script
intentionally switched to a different app.
- Minor fixes to allow applications that are not "packaged"
applications to be configured as the script editing app.
- Major update adding script edit and reveal shortcuts, automatic resynchronizing,
and application-specific scripts.
- Recognize and execute scripts residing inside AppleScript applets
- Fixed a bug where scripts with periods in their names would have
their names truncated.
Copyright © 2019 Red Sweater Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved.