I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I am having when posting to Wordpress using ME. I have installed "All in One SEO" and added three custom fields to the ME blog settings: _aioseop_title, _aioseop_description, _aioseop_keywords.
After I publish a new post to WP with the aforementioned custom fields filled out, two things happen:
1. The custom fields don't appear in WP
2. If I double-click the post just published, the custom fields that I populated only a couple of minutes before are empty.
One thing that I have noticed is that if I fill out those fields from the WP web interface and sync the blog in ME, the custom fields content becomes visible in ME. It looks like as if ME has a problem communicating with WP.
Looking at the Network Log in ME I can see that:
- The custom fields are being sent to WP:
Bla bla bla
- Looking at the server response, I can't see any reference to thee custom fields at all.
Some additional information
- The "All in One SEO" is enabled in WP
- I have also reproduced the same behavior with "Yoast SEO plugin" which would suggest that the issue is not with the plugin itself.
I am not 100% sure that this is an ME issue at this point. I am trying to narrow the problem down somehow. Maybe the problem is simpler than I think... Any help appreciated.