Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Superscripts and Subscripts with MarsEdit

edited May 2012 in MarsEdit
Hi Folks,
Is there an easy way to incorporate superscripts and subscripts from the rich text editing pages? I can swap over to html mode to add the and tags, but it's rather awkward when writing a detailed, technical blog post. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

• Hi - I was going to recommend the new rich-text-mode formatting macros for this, but I just tested them out and there are some gotchas that I need to address. It's possible to customize the formatting menu with "Customize…" at the bottom of the menu, but when I tried to make one to e.g. insert a <sup>#asktext#</sup> for arbitrary superscript, it didn't work exactly as I hoped, putting in a small-sized font but not elevating it as expected.

Another issue I noticed with the new rich text formatting macros is it's too easy to get "stuck" in the new format, without an obvious way to get out. For instance, I was stuck in the new small font format and couldn't escape back to regular paragraph text.

These are two issues I need to look into, so I can't really recommend a solution at the moment, but if you want to play around with the custom formatting macros you might find a workaround. Sorry this isn't more streamlined at the moment.
  • Thanks for the quick response -- I'm glad to hear it was more than just my lack of technical expertise. Looking forward to seeing what you get figured out!