Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Controlling where Tumblr Posts are relayed

edited November 2012 in MarsEdit
I'm trying to figure out if there are ways to use MarsEdit to manage a couple of tumblr blogs I run for clients. The thing is, I'd like to be able to schedule out posts to go on a delay, and I'd also like to control whether or not a post is relayed to the company's twitter feed or facebook page. Both can be done via the twitter webpage, but I'm greedy...I'd like an all-in-one client for the WP blogs I also run.

Is the tumblr API keeping this close to their chests as well as the photo issue?

• Hi there - I think some of this would technically be possible with the API, but other stuff not. The scheduling aspect, to put posts out on a delay, should be possible now just by choosing to set a date on the post in the future before publishing it. The choice of whether to send a note to the Twitter feed is something I could add I think but I don't know if the API supports controlling whether it goes to Facebook too.

In short: I don't think you can achieve everything now but there is some hope for improvements in these areas in the future with MarsEdit.