Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MarsEdit can't create or edit Audio posts on Tumblr?

edited February 2013 in MarsEdit
Let me guess: Tumblr's API either doesn't allow this or is too byzantine to try to support?

(I'd be using 3rd party URLs for audio posts, not uploading audio to Tumblr.)

• Accepted Answer
    Hi - in this particular case the problem is more on me than anything about Tumblr's API :) I know, celebrate the uniqueness of the situation ;)

What happened was when I first did Tumblr support for MarsEdit, it was clear the demand was strong for text editing, and the way that Tumblr supports audio and video in its API is a little different from everything else I support. So, I put it off, and it never ended up happening.

So MarsEdit doesn't support Tumblr video or audio posts, but it is still something I hope to add support for at some point. Sorry for the annoyance in the meantime.

• HA! Well, how about that.

Well, Tumblr is starting to be more annoying than its worth for anything other than ephemeral posts (i.e. a multimedia Twitter, or how I guess most people use Facebook) so I'm moving this particular project to Statamic.

Thanks for the reply!

ps - a little thing popped up that said "Click accept or reject beside an answer" but when I clicked Accept it said "You don't have permission to do that." FYI.
  • Whoah, funky! Thanks for letting me know about the forum nuisance. I've been really happy with Vanilla (current forums sw) compared with what I used to use, but frankly I'm looking forward to upgrading yet again to something like the hot new Discourse when it's ready for mainstream use.
  • FWIW looks like this issue may be related to something goofy with multiple tabs possibly being open to my forums?

I run into weird little quirks too like sometimes when I post a comment it doesn't "stick" until I post it twice :(
  • Are you still planning to support Tumblr Audio and Video posts?
  • Hi Justin - yes, I am still planning this support but unfortunately I don't have a specific plan for when it might happen.