Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defining and Using Custom Fields

edited October 2013 in MarsEdit
I'm using the All In One SEO Pack Pro plugin for WordPress.
I've asked their tech folks if I could use MarsEdit to write my posts and still have it processed through their software. They said 'yes' and showed me how to expose some hidden custom fields to MarsEdit:
_aioseop_title - The title
_aioseop_description - The description
_aioseop_keywords - The keywords

title, description and keywords should have corresponding variables with Labels in MarsEdit.
Using the Custom Fields utility (MarsEdit Label :: Server Custom Field Name), how do I set this up? Where is the documentation for the labels of the MarsEdit fields?

• Hi Mark - I don't think it's specifically documented. The custom fields are set up in MarsEdit's per-blog settings. To open the blog settings in MarsEdit, open the Main Window, and find your blog in the list on the left side of the window. Double-click the blog icon to open the settings window.

You'll find the option to add custom field definitions under the "Custom Fields" tab.

Let me know if I can further clarify anything about how to add the custom field definitions.