Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Markdown crib sheet

edited April 2007 in MarsEdit
Just started evaluating MarsEdit, and so far I'm loving it.

A simple popup window with a Markdown format synopsis would be very handy for those of us who haven't internalized the format yet. The way Basecamp does it, providing a short and a long version, would be nice. Perhaps you could also embed an URL to the Markdown Dingus.

Willis Morse

• Interesting idea - I'd have to figure out how to do it in a way that wasn't intrusive for people who aren't using Markdown. Any suggestions?
  • Maybe a "Formatting Hints" drawer that gets filled with appropriate hints based on what format you're currently using. Textile needs this even more than Markdown :-)

- Willis Morse
  • I'll think about it - the drawer might have to come out of the preview window instead of the main window, because that's the only place you currently select a particular formatter.
  • Maybe the preview panel could have a "Formatting Hints" button that pops up a small window with the appropriate hints. The important thing is to have the hints visually close to the editing window, for workflow efficiency.

- Will
  • Thanks Will - that sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely consider that!
  • great, thanks