Some comments after using MarsEdit with a new Blogger blog for a little over a month (I've registered). I like MarsEdit and am happy with my purchase, but of course I can think of some things I'd called improvements:
1. The Options drawer that shows categories (blogger labels) is much wider than it needs to be and can't be narrowed (only closed). I'd like to see it narrower, ideally auto sized based on the width of the content.
2. Formatting choice in Preview isn't always remembered. I set it to Convert Line Breaks but it doesn't always remember this.
1. Rather than the options drawer, I think I'd prefer a blogger-like text field to add labels. auto-completing and comma separated. It's easier than scrolling through a drawer. Maybe under Title or next to the Weblog popup.
2. When editing a posted post, I'd like blogger linebreaks to be automatically fixed. The script is nice, but I'd like a way for it to happen automatically. Perhaps a way for the user to configure one or more scripts to run when you begin editing a post.
3. In Attribution prefs, in the template I have "#body#" (including the quotes). I'd like a way to not have the quotes appear if the #body# contents are empty.
4. With a specific post selected, I'd like a way to open just that post in the browser, or at least copy the URL of a specific post to the clipboard.
5. I only have one blog so the Weblog drawer for it an drafts is alot of real estate. How about popup on the toolbar to select the Weblog (including Drafts). I'm fine with needing the drawer to add/remove weblogs.
6. I'm not sure if the API allows this but I'd like the ability to add new categories (blogger labels). It's annoying to have to go to the web form to add new labels.
1. I think I'd like WYSIWYG editing but I like source view too. In particular it's easier in source to see if I've copied the same URL into multiple anchor tags.