Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome FastScripts Users!

edited June 2005 in FastScripts
Thank you for visiting the new FastScripts discussion board. Feel free to post any questions or comments here as you explore the software.

Daniel Jalkut
Red Sweater Software

• Thanks for this - I find forums the best way to get help and make suggestions. The key, of course, is that the author has to read them.
  • Thanks for stopping in! I'm hoping the forums will serve as a good suggestion/problem solving area and that the archive-quality of them will help everybody.

I think you'll find I won't miss a beat with these forums, since I am setup for notifications on all new postings :)

• Thanks for the forum, Daniel. Hopefully it will result in a FastScripts community that provides great feedback and ideas for future versions of an already great utility.

NovaScotian, I am happy to say that since I first became a FastScripts user (about 2 years ago), Daniel has been very responsive to feedback and requests. :)

-- Rob J
  • Welcome aboard, Rob! Always nice to "see" you ...
  • OK, I'm here. :-)
  • Hi Boodlums! Thanks for joining!
  • I made it. :)
  • Welcome, Ray!
  • Hi Daniel and al,

"Is this seat taken?"

This seems like a very interesting initiative, can't wait to see how it develops.
  • Welcome Michel! We haven't had many topics spring up yet, but it's nice to know there's a place when the need arises :)
  • FastScripts doesn't understand that a compiled AppleScript can be edited by the Script Editor, I assume because the Script Editor no longer "owns" it. Just the same, when I press option while selecting a compiled script in the FastScripts menu, couldn't FastScripts assume that the script could be opened by the editor and try anyway?
  • Hi NovaScotian - I'm going to open this as a new topic since there might be a little bit of back and forth discussing it. See the topic Open compiled scripts in Script Editor.

• Daniel -- dude -- are you really in San Francisco as it says here? We should meet! I'm in Japantown. ^_^
  • Hey Boodlums - we should have! I lived in the Mission District for 9 years before moving ... last week! I will have to update my location info. Unfortunately, I'm about as far as you can get from SFO and still be in the US :) I'm sweltering in Somerville, MA...