When I released MarsEdit 3.5 a few weeks ago, it included some very significant overhaul to MarsEdit’s handling of rich text formatting, including new support for customized formatting macros in Rich Text mode.
Given the large number of changes, I was not too surprised that a few annoying bugs snuck in as well. In particular, it became unreliable to apply some formatting options like heading and block quote in Rich Text mode. I took the opportunity while fixing those things to take care of a bunch of other little gotchas, including some more compatibility tweaks for the forthcoming Mountain Lion 10.8 release.
- Fix the preview window to recognize and substitute template placeholders in the section
- Fix a bug with Squarespace and Expression Engine not prompting for username/password on new blog
- Restore ability to set “Warn when no title” option on Blogger blogs
- Fix a bug that prevented some blog-configuration options from being selected after switching system type
- Restore ability to start a Header or Blockquote before typing content
- Pressing return twice to exit Preformatted works again
- Improve support for future releases of Mac OS X
- Address an issue with icon view when resizing the Media Manager window
- Avoid crashes caused by conflicting system libraries