MarsEdit 3.7.9 is now available from the MarsEdit home page, and will be submitted to Apple for update on the Mac App Store.
This release works around a few crashing issues that have started to affect MarsEdit in the past few OS updates from Apple. The most common of these is one that affected users with MacBook Pros that have the new Touch Bar interface. The most common crashing behavior in this scenario involved MarsEdit crashing immediately upon waking the computer from sleep.
This version of MarsEdit has also been adjusted so that MarsEdit should never be responsible for forcing a MacBook to use the more power-hungry graphics card. Previously, using MarsEdit’s Media Manager window could push the system into “high power” mode, and the computer would stay in this mode until MarsEdit was quit.
There are also a few minor usability bugs addressed by this update. Here is the complete list of changes:
- Fix a bug that caused “allowfullscreen” to be stripped from YouTube embeds
- Fix an issue with old system font hardcoding being respected by later version
- Add NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching to Info.plist to avoid requiring high power GPU use
- Work around a crash that could occur when waking from sleep on a Touch Bar-enabled Mac
- Fix a crash that could occur in Apple’s web framework when closing a document
- Detect and offer advice about WordPress two-step authentication challenges
- Fix a bug that caused preformatted text in the rich editor to remain small when a larger editing font is selected